The 2017 Banff Coaching Conference is back and ready for registration!
This conference is for – but not limited to – coaches of youth and adult climbing teams/programs. Gym owners and managers are also welcome to join.
Starting Wednesday, September 20 at 7:00pm with a reception, the following four days will be packed with a variety of sessions in classroom and in the gym, including (all subject to change):
- the long term athlete development (LTAD) model being created for competition climbing
- route setting for training athletes
- speed climbing training
- mental performance
- strength and conditioning plans for the developing and open athlete
- chronological age versus developmental age and how to train your athletes
- periodization training programs
- sport nutrition
- injury prevention
- creating, developing, and maintaining a winning culture for your climbing team
We are increasing the length of each topic/session so we can really get some work done on it. There will be slotted time that is just meant for incorporating the material learned into your climbing program.
You won’t want to miss these:
- a private showing of select films from the touring Best of the Banff Mountain Film festival
- nightly debriefs at Maclab Bistro, where the real discussions always occur
- free yoga sessions
- a trail running session around Banff Centre campus and Tunnel Mountain (weather be damned!)
- our annual fun bouldering event
We have another great slate of presenters that have agreed to participate this year and more are being added:
- Andrew Wilson, former head coach of the Canadian Youth National Climbing Team
- Libor Hroza, top-ranked speed climber and coach from the Czech Republic
- Alayne Hing, mental performance consultant with the Canadian Sport Institute-Calgary and current consultant with the youth national team
- Steve Bechtel, certified strength & conditioning coach, founder of Climb Strong, and owner of Elemental Fitness in Lander, Wyoming
- Dr. Jared Vagy, doctor of physiotherapy and author of Climb Injury Free
- Kelly Drager, sport dietician at Canadian Sport Institute – Calgary
- Tiffany Melius, personal life coach and owner of Force of Nature Coaching
$300 + GST per participant – early registration before August 31, 2017
$350 + GST per participant – registration after August 31, 2017
$300 + GST per participant for gyms registering two or more coaches at the same time
***NEW*** $150 + GST per participant for a one-day registration
Contact 403-762-6450 to register – payment in full is required at the time of registration
*** THE FIRST 25 REGISTRATIONS WILL RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF ‘CLIMB INJURY FREE’ BY DR. JARED VAGY PLUS ACCESS TO HIS ONLINE INJURY PREVENTION PROGRAM ***
There will be rooms available at the Banff Centre during the conference at a small discounted price – details to come soon. If you are looking at booking elsewhere in the town, I highly recommend that you do this sooner than later. There are really no slow times in banff anymore so accommodations will be tight for the hotels. There will be camping and hostels available as well.
Contact Chris Neve by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 403-762-7545.